Following the success of the first ever Virtual Sessions in May, throughout July and August the Benedetti Foundation presents the Virtual Mini Sessions – short, focused workshops designed to provide in depth and detailed exploration on a wide variety of topics.
There will be separate workshops for young people, music students, recent graduates, instrumental teachers and adult learners. These workshops will be in the form of practical sessions, concentrating on technique, physicality and wellbeing, as well as discussion sessions and a focus on professional and personal development for students and teachers. They will be delivered by world-class musicians and educators.
Over July and August, the following workshops will be delivered:
School Age String Players
- Vibrato, an intensive learning course for violinists and violists (July) and cellists and bassists (August)
- Beginner Basics – workshops for upper strings (violin & viola) and lower Strings (cellos & basses)
- Shifty Shifts – upper strings, cellos & basses
- Young people, aged 16+, are also invited to join the Music Students, Recent Graduates Sessions.
Instrumental Teachers, Music Students, Graduates and Adult Learners
- Sessions for Music Students and Recent Graduates
- Instrumental Teachers’ Sessions
- Building a Kodaly inspired music programme in Primary School
- Violin Basics for Adult Learners
How to get involved:
- Sign up at www.benedettifoundation.org/mini-sessions to join in
- There is a small admin fee to participate in the Mini Sessions. Bursary support is available – no one will be prevented from attending due to financial circumstances.
- All of the Foundation’s online work is made as accessible as possible, with many of its resources available to all free of charge.
- The Benedetti Foundation relies solely on donations to carry out its work and we are very grateful to anyone who is in a position to make an additional donation towards the cost of the workshops.