Miloš Karadaglić Foundation (in partnership with Adriatic Marinas (Porto Montenegro) and One Montenegro, is announcing three scholarships to talented artists from Montenegro and the region – two for music education and one for an audio-visual project. The two scholarships for music education include financial support of €10,000 each, while the scholarship for an audio-visual project covers the costs of audio-visual production at the Synchro 360 studio in Porto Montenegro in excess of up to 100 hours of music studio or 50 hours of video studio time. In addition to financial support, during the project’s duration, scholarship recipients will have access to mentoring support from the Foundation and its Advisory Board. The application period for all three scholarships is from 7 December 2023 to 18 January 2024.
Scholarships for Music Education
The Foundation and its partners are awarding two scholarships for music education.
Eligibility for application is open to all individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Recently enrolled or already a student at an institution for higher music education in the field of classical music anywhere in the world.
- An instrumentalist of any instrument or a student of singing, conducting, or composition.
- A citizen of any of the following Western Balkan countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Croatia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, and Serbia).
- Exceptionally high level of artistic potential and skill.
- Innovative musicianship, demonstrated through creative programming and performance history.
- Preference will be given to musicians that are contributing to the artistic field in Montenegro.
Interested applicants can apply by submitting:
- An unedited video lasting 10 minutes, showcasing their musical potential. The repertoire and content can be freely chosen.
- A biography outlining the applicant’s achievements and talent.
- A motivation letter.
- If the applicant is a student, proof of enrollment or a confirmation of ongoing studies is required.
- Certificate of citizenship.
All creative individuals from any field of culture with previous artistic and creative experience requiring support in the audio-visual production of their project are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The project will be supported by the Synchro 360 production studio at Porto Montenegro (https://synchro-360.com/production/). The scholarship is not limited by the age or experience of the artist.
- Innovative creative approach.
- The project meets international artistic and creative trends.
- Preference is given to creators who contribute to the artistic heritage of Montenegro through their work.
Applicants can apply by submitting:
- Presentation of the concept of the audio-visual project with as much information, material and detail describing the project.
- Biography that clearly outlines the applicant’s artistic journey.
- Motivation letter.
- Certificate of citizenship.
- A three-member jury consisting of Timothy Jones, Vice-Principal and Director of Studies at Royal Academy of Music (President of the Jury); Kathryn Enticott, Director of Enticott Music Management and Miloš Karadaglić, Guitarist and President of the Foundation, will carry out the process of evaluation and selection of candidates.
- The winners will be published on the Foundation’s website www.milos-foundation.org.
- Applicants will receive confirmation of their submittion within 48 hours, while the notification for the awarded scholarships will be provided only to successful candidates.
- The Foundation reserves the right of refusal and may not be in the position to reply to all enquiries and feedback requests.
- The project’s duration is 12 months from the date of signing the scholarship agreement.
- Applications and all questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.